Shredded Email Review

This blog doesn’t have much of a purpose anymore, since there really isn’t much more to say about Shredded Moose. I thought I’d cap it all up by reviewing some of the emails I’ve gotten over the last weeks.

I’ve gotten a few emails from people who share my morbid fascination with “the world’s worst webcomic”, but since I’m a pretty negative person I’m going to focus on the critical responses.


A guy calling himself “Frank” wrote a lengthy email about how I'm just not getting that SM was written as "tongue in cheek", it's "ironic" and well - you've heard it all before by now. 

Listen, “Frank”: I respect your opinion but I can’t agree with it. Shredded Moose is not a piece of world-changing art that should be endlessly analyzed and debated. It was just notable for being staggeringly vile and stupid and slipping into pure crazy after a while. You’re overthinking it. Let it go.

Next, there's this thankfully much shorter email from "Josie":


You kinda have a point, but I think there are some important differences. Firstly, I’m ending this now. I’m not going to keep up the blog for several years just to rip on Shredded Moose. Secondly, unlike SW, I don’t encourage people to draw Brew getting raped by Mr. Hat.

Actually, I’d like to emphasize this: Please do not draw Brew getting raped by Mr. Hat. And if you do, I don’t want to know about it. And I’m definitely not making you a mod for it.


Really. Please don't.


The third, and weirdest, email came from a guy who claimed to be Brian Krümm. He asked me to stop writing about this old embarrassment of his, or at least stop mentioning him by name in the blog, since he doesn’t want to be associated with Shredded Moose. 

I can see this guy’s point: it can’t help your career as a children’s book illustrator when people google your name and stuff like this comes up:





I mailed “Brian Krümm” back, telling him I won’t be writing about Shredded Moose anymore. Just out of curiosity I also asked him which of the two Chris Hall photos is the real-life “Brew”. He answered both.

According to this guy, Chris Hall started undergoing liposuction and other cosmetic surgery in 2008. Hall spent pretty much all his money on that, and by 2009 he was several months behind on payments to Krümm, who finally lost his patience and refused to draw the comic anymore.

That story was way too good to be true, so I sent an email to Brian Krümm’s official email account, asking him to confirm that I was really talking to him and not just some random impostor. I never got a reply.

So… Shitty Webcomics, is that you? Pretending to be Brian Krümm? “Genius troll”, indeed. What did you hope to accomplish with this?

Well, anyway: that’s it and that’s that. Thanks for following the blog, folks. It’s been fun.

In a masochistic sort of way.


NEXT